Understanding The New COBRA Requirements Under The ARRA
As you are aware, there have been many changes to COBRA under the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA). Brown & Brown partnered with Elizabeth Latchana from Fraser Trebilcock Davis & Dunlap, P.C. and Benjamin Goff from Brown & Brown of Ohio to provide a webinar on the new ARRA requirements. Below you will find the documentation from this webinar:
- COBRA Presentation – Download the PDF file of the actual presentation used during the webinar.
- Full Summary of the ARRA Provisions – Download the complete summary of the legislative changes addressed in the ARRA, including COBRA.
- Q & A’s – Download the answers to all of the questions asked during the webinar.
- IRS Form 941 – Download the revised version of this form to begin using when filing your payroll taxes. This form will be used to identify the subsidy credit that you should receive from the IRS.
- Actions to Take – Download this document to help you to identify actions that should be taken based on the new COBRA subsidy regulations.
- IRS Q&A - click here
- Department of Labor Website - click here
- DOL Model Notices - click here
- Notice 2009-27 - This notice provides guidance relating to section 3001 of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA) - click here
- Read the Full ARRA Regulations - click here
As always, if you have any questions regarding this information please feel free to contact your Brown & Brown Customer Service Representative for assistance.